WDM2 - Agra, HO-BG Gauge DISPLAY Model
This locomotive needs no introduction - WDM2 is one of the most iconic locomotives of the Indian Railways and one of the most celebrated and famous diesel locomotives of all time. Introduced in the 1960s, there is still a handful of them in mainline duties as of 2023, after a long 60 years, not as rebuilt later versions, but as WDM2s!
In the long history of this locomotive, there have been numerous different liveries, but we have chosen a couple of 'not-so-obvious' liveries to start our diesel and ALCO offering - the beautifully bright Agra livery with its simple yet catchy yellow colour and on the other hand the iconic 'Palace on Wheel' livery with its elegance and complex artwork in its stripe.
For the first time, we are also introducing an option to select your gauge. Since the normal HO gauge is too narrow to represent Indian BG, we have now introduced a true HO-BG version ONLY FOR OUR DISPLAY MODELS for now. The HO-BG gauge is 19mm instead of 16.5mm HO Gauge track - proportionally it looks better and for those who don't intend to run their locomotives on a layout, this might be a more suitable option keeping in mind the scale-gauge fidelity. The BG versions can be provided ONLY WITH PLASTIC WHEELS, metal wheels are not available for this version.
All images are for display purposes only. The actual colour and details may vary in the final model.
- Scenic details and other auxiliary details that are shown in the images are for photographic purposes and are not included - only the WAG9 locomotive will be provided.
- NOT A TOY and is meant for adult collectors only.
- Minor assembly required by the customer: To protect the fine details from damage during shipping, some separately added details will be sent unassembled and will require the customer to add them to the model. These would be very minor assembly and all you would need is a pair of tweezers and some super glue.
- Expect 3D printing artefacts: These are 3D printed models and despite our best efforts it is impossible to avoid some print lines and 3D printing artefacts. The details parts are also expected to be fragile and are not expected to survive rough handling. These are NOT considered defects.
- Limited Warranty: Products have a limited warranty against manufacturing defects only. A manufacturing defect is considered a defect that severely impairs the functionality of the model and one that has gone undetected in our quality check process BEFORE the model is shipped to the customer. For such defects, we will provide a free replacement of the impaired part(s) of the model subject to the customer providing sufficient evidence against the claim. For any shipping-related damage and subsequent issue handling the customer's claim will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Please refer to our shipping and return policy for further details.
- PMW reserves the right to make any design and paint scheme changes as necessary for the viability of the production.
More info about our 3D printed kits
More info about our 3D printed kits
Frequently asked questions:
What in included in the 'KIT' ?
The DIY kits have 3D printed components. Includes all detail parts and appropriate decals and jigs where applicable. Assembly and painting required.
Can I motorise the locos?
Some of the locos are designed in a way that can be made totally operable. For any particular locomotive, details are provided in the product description.
You have the flexibility to make a display model or a motorized model depending on your skills to convert them into a running model.
We suggest using the recommended motors for the optimum performance.
What sort of wheels do I get?
By default, all of the kits except some of the locomotives contain 3D printed wheels. For the locomotives that are meant to be motorised, no wheels are included in the regular kit.
For the rolling stock, 3D printed wheels are included, however, please note that the 3D printed wheels are good for display only and will not be suitable for running the models in a layout. Please use suitable plastic or metal wheelsets available to you. Wherever possible we have provided our recommendations in the product description.
Who this is for?
The kit is the most reasonable offering with a lot of flexibility for customisation - for the modeler in you, this might be the right way to start your Indian Railways model making journey.